Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Round 3

We got to short stay at 8:30 this am for a 10:00 time with the radiologist. I was awake the whole time, listened to all the chit-chat that the docs do when you're under, and got out of the hospital just before noon. Since I hadn't had anything to eat since supper last night, I was HUNGRY! This hospital's dining room is in a windowless basement, so we went out to eat, and got back just in time for my 1:00 chemo session that lasted until 3:50 PM. They start with a CBC, and even though I'd asked 3 different people for a copy of the blood test, I ended up leaving the place without it! One nurse did tell me that my HGB was 10 and HCT was 31, so I got a shot of neupogen to build them up. Doc said I was anemic. I was more concerned about the platelets, but before the surgery, the hospital nurses tested for clotting, and I passed. Evidently they were concerned, too. I never did get to see what they ended up being. Oh well. Maybe next week I can pop in there and get it when I'm feeling better, and they're moved in to their new digs.

All in all, I got a port -a-cath put in near my right collarbone, it had its maiden tryout without much of a hitch, we got through the long day, and I'm ready to down some tylenol and hit the hay.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Wagner said...

Wow! You had the port-a-cath put in and you were awake? THEN you had an infusion through it just hours after you had it put in? Was it still numb from the surgery? You must be one tough lady and that tells me you are going to beat this!!!

I wish I could lend you my mouse ears. It gave everyone in the infusion room a laugh, or at least a look of pity in my direction.

Hang in there! I am praying for you too.

10:56 PM  
Blogger John Wagner said...

Margaret,

I am wondering how you are doing now after the last infusion? I pray that you are handling it OK!!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home