Monday, March 06, 2006

Day 5

I have not had any nausea. (Of course I'd taken the anti-nausea pills the first 3 days.) What I do have is one heck of a headache ever since the toxins were injected into my vein. Talk about fatigue and achy bones! Also, one minute I'll be so hot, then the next, just plain chilled and shivery. Can this be what it's like to get the flu? This tough bird's never really had the flu before. Oh, and I have a runny nose. I did not go to school today because of the "crud." I'm afraid I'm past the stage of being able to fight off things.

The past 2 days, Fred has dragged me out for walks in our "park." When we bought these 30 acres 12 years ago, our daughter spent a whole summer thinning the trees as part of a forest stewardship program and also to earn money for her college. Now it looks like a park. It's so quiet and peaceful in the back where we also keep the horses and mules. Both days we saw the white-tailed deer. There's at least 5 of them. I really enjoyed the walks, and have to do them every day with our dogs, but the last hill back to the house can be a bit of a tussle. And it's just a gentle rise!

Last night I had some huge lymph nodes pop up in my neck! Is that the CLL cells trying to get away from the cytoxan? I've been drinking water--hope I'm flushing that stuff out! I'm wondering if the cytoxan will be simply attacking my CLL while the Adriamycin goes for the BC. And if I really need to be taking the cytoxan? hmmmm....

I just don't know what effect the treatment will have on my CLL or BC, if my CLL will interfere w/the BC treatment, or vice versa, or if there's going to be a downside to all this? It's pretty discouraging to think that I'll no longer be eligible for any clinical trials since I'll already have had some chemo. I pretty much had it figured out what I'd need to do for my CLL, but this seems to just dash all of that. Talk about a monkey wrench. Got a feeling that nobody really knows, and that I'm really playing Russian Roulette with my CLL right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home