Saturday, March 04, 2006

Communications

I've already found that sometimes I just don't feel like talking about any of this, and other times I need to. I know that you care, and I don't want you to stay away, but the other night I got so many calls, and you know how I love to talk, and I appreciate your concerns, but I already know I can't continue that way. Sooooo, I'm going to try this method. You can come here to find out how it's going, or you could call Fred at times, but even he can become overwhelmed. I'll try to keep this updated as new stuff comes along. This could also get very boring, too! You can also respond here if you choose.

Some of this might be very detailed, but my CLL friends and also my new BC friends would understand. Many of you can just skip over the technical stuff. I won't feel offended. And of course, emails work for me ANY time. I'm told that there will be times I would want to read and respond to emails, but that 3:00 AM is probably not when you'd like to talk or chat. Can you believe that? lol

Also, there's more to life than breast cancer. I'd like to share some other good news, too. Such as my daughter and her husband are expecting their first baby in about 5 months! And they live much closer than our other 2 grandchildren, so I'll get to spoil this one! Woooohooooo!

There's a couple emotions I'd like to share. First off is the outpouring of cards, gifts, notes, emails and prayer chains. I feel so blessed to have all of your support. Overwhelmed and humbling, too. Sometimes we just don't realize how much people care. It makes me cry, too. I cry in gratitude. I've cried in frustration, and I've cried in bewilderment and fear. Oh, yes, I've also had my pity parties. But the hardest part was having to ask for help. I'd think I was a big girl and could do it, and then all I could do was blubber. I've just never learned how to ask for help for myself. Yes, I could ask on anyone else's behalf, and feel pretty darned good about it. But to ask for ME? Whoa, what a bummer.

My oldest daughter came a couple weekends ago and took me shopping while waiting for the bone scan. She even paid for it all! (Well, I'd left my stuff in my car.) She got me some red tops, and told me I wasn't supposed to wear grey ever again! Since I'll be losing my hair in about 14 days, does that mean that I'm supposed to have the new stuff come in in a different color? I wonder how that's done?

Now, for my sisters and daughters. And maybe neices, too. I'm having my coordinator give me info on genetic testing. Insist on an MRI at least every 5 years. This alternative is not going to be a picnic. Besides, MRI's don't use any radiation, either! You'll just be like your magnetic personalities! And I know we got Dad's claustrophobic gene, but the pills will get you through that "God Damned Culvert!" as Dad used to call it.

Be well,
Margaret




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your impeccable sense of humor shines in your writing.I am so terrible sorry you are going through this. I still miss you at Grant, remember when we had noon duty together? Can't believe so much has changed since 97. Take care, you and your family are in my
prayers.
Peggy D.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home