Monday, March 20, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Mary and Kathy drove over from Seattle area this weekend. They proceeded to do some "cleaning." They're really trying to get me to part with most of my "stuff." Funny thing is that I thought I was doing quite well in that area compared to Fred. Now, there's the packrat! I do appreciate the job they did in my bathroom, though. Washed down the walls, etc. It looks and smells so clean and uncluttered!

We went to the Black Angus Saturday night to help celebrate some good friends' 41st anniversary. It was all very nice. Fred was so impressed by my driving TO it, that he insisted that he drive on the way home! OK, so I had left my glasses at home. And I really need them once the sun starts going down. It also didn't help when the R/R arms started coming down and the ding, ding, dinging started just as I was driving over the tracks!

I really don't like to be gone from home for very long. I get so tired at the most inopportune times. But today, I will be having breakfast w/some friends and plan to pick up some head coverings afterwards. Then I'll need to drop off some papers at my doc's that I should have given him Thursday--which I forgot. Chemo brain strikes again.

I had such a thick head of hair (or is that "thick-headed?") that I'm still shedding. I find that using one of those 3-M tape lint remover helps a lot, but it's never done. When you think you've got 'em all, there's more where that came from. It just doesn't seem to ever take a break--washing my hair is so discouraging. However, there's still more on my head than in the drain or stuck to my wet hands. Good news is there's been no nausea to report, and the bone pain and headaches are very managable with tylenol.

With the exception of the fatigue, it's pretty hard to imagine that I'm supposed to be sick! I'm just so grateful that I don't have to be "working." I appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, good wishes, etc., that have been keeping me afloat.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home