Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Now What's Happenning?

I saw the radiologist last Friday. They showed me a film on what to expect, explained a lot that went over my head, but the upshot is that I would start with that three weeks after my next surgery. The series would take 20 minutes/day (only a couple minutes for actual radiation) five days a week for six weeks. The weekends are so everybody can rest up! ;-) Ugh!

I see Dr. S tomorrow for pre-op. We don't know if we'll do both, or just one now and the other at time of reconstruction. I really don't want to have to go through all this another few years down the road. Besides, they don't have any guarantees that this hasn't already spread someplace else. If it has, then we'll deal with it when it rears its ugly head. At least it won't be able to spread into my breast again.

I just know that surgery will be this Friday at Valley Hospital. I'm presuming that it'll be at least an overnighter. I know it'll be a bit more complicated than the last one. I really don't crave chocolate, so if anyone knows what would be a close cousin to a heath bar without the chocolate, please let me know.

Be well, everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Aunt Maragret. I love you and wish you well.

Casandra

2:13 PM  
Blogger John Wagner said...

Margaret,

Please know that you will be especially in my thoughts and prayers on Friday!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home