Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Looking Good!

Well, Folks, things are looking good. My oncologist, surgeon, and radiologist finally got together for a powwow and decided that I should just have a lumpectomy followed by radiation to both the tumor area and nodes. I saw Dr. Surgeon this morning, and had to bring up another lump in my other breast. It just didn't seem possible with what's gone on with the tumor shrinking and all. But to be on the safe side, we had an ultrasound that confirmed it was just another one of those cysts. So, the surgery is on for Friday, Cinco de Mayo.

Had a great weekend in ND at my niece's wedding. It was in the same church where Fred and I got married almost 37 years ago. The church was just as beautiful as when we got married there. They even got a new piano for the wedding! I guess they didn't want the same thing happening at theirs as had happened at ours....The organ had quit the morning of our wedding, so our soloist had to sing a capella while we walked in during his first song. This time our soloist's sister played while her son sang. Got to see all the in-laws, some uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, plus all my own kids and grandchildren. We even got to catch up with some old school-mates from back in the 60's. BTW, they sure do know how to throw a party back there. Seems that there were 308 places set besides what was at the head table. (I don't think the town has more than 45 people in it.)

After the sit down buffet, they moved a couple tables out to make room for the dance. Even my grandchildren learned the Charleston Stomp and the Chicken among others. Then around 10:30, they announced if anyone was still hungry, that there were sandwiches in the kitchen. When the dance was all over, they announced that the party would move to the soloist's garage a couple blocks down the street. That's when Fred and I took the grandchildren and the pregnant mommy and her husband home. (Now, for me, that HAD to mean I was tired!)

I also had time to visit my sisters and brother who live back there. Some of their kids and grandkids gathered around for an afternoon visit. My brother is short, wide, and pretty bald. So they had to get pictures of us from both front and back to see if they could tell us apart. Even my son-in-law got in on the one at the counter. It was so hard to keep a straight face.

When my grandchildren walked into my sister's house, I wasn't ready for them with a head covering. So of course I got a few questions. But later when I put my wig on for the wedding, my 4-year-old grandson looked up at me, studied me for awhile, and asked, "Your hair come back already?" After the dance while I was tucking him into bed, my hair came off, and his eyes just moved from the wig to my head and back and forth. He didn't even move any other muscles! He finally decided that Grandma had "toy hair."

Of course, both our daughters are just beautiful, but our daughter, Kathy, was especially glowing! Their little boy is to arrive around August 20th.

While on the planes, I wore a surgical mask to keep from catching the bugs around us. Boy, you really become aware of all the coughing that goes on around you when you've had your immune system compromised. I also had to put it back on when we got in the shuttles, etc. It worked! I didn't catch anything!

Oh, and we have another baby calf. I even got to see it being born. Amazing! This one is about as big as the other one already! Of course he came out that big! Ouch! Both are frolicking about in the pasture. One more to be born!

Again, thank you for praying for me. I'm sure they are all being answered in the affirmative! I'm feeling great, and all looks pretty good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear M,

Thanks so much for updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'll make a special time on Friday! Give 'em hell....:) Lots of love, wendy

12:42 PM  
Blogger John Wagner said...

Margaret,

I usually check everyday for an update, but I have been mostly off the computer for a couple of days so I missed this until Friday evening. So glad you had such a wonderful time at the wedding. I pray the surgery went well and now I am praying for a speedy recovery and successful follow-up treatment. God Bless you!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home