Saturday, April 22, 2006

If it ain't one thing....

The last few days were very full for me. Last weekend our daughter was over from the other side of the state. Also, my brother-in-law from Billings spent some quality time with us. I even got a ham cooked for Easter, but the guests had to do the dishes.

We set my surgery date to May 5th at Valley Hospital. Dr. S said I would be spending the night. She talked about taking more nodes, and that I'd later have to do daily radiation for I think she said 6 weeks. Sheila, my coordinator, said she would be setting up a "tumor board" for me with the oncologist, surgeon, and radiologist to discuss my case.

Needless to say, I had to cancel my spot at the NEA/RA in Orlando June 29th through July 6th. Here I was holding that out as something to look forward to after healing.

Monday I have to go shopping for some shoes suitable to wear to a wedding. My daughter says I can't wear those clod-hopper Land'send All Weather Mocs to my neice's wedding this Saturday. Why not? They're comfortable. And besides, the dog ate my DRESS shoes. (Well, just one, but I'm still learning how to walk with that other one without looking like I'm limping.)

Tuesday I get doped up for another MRI. That takes care of THAT whole day.

Wednesday I get a shot to build up my blood.

Then the rest of the week I'll be visiting FAMILY!

Right now, I'm going to have to call my Dr. C. Yeah, I know it's after hours and Saturday to boot, but my hand written notes say "sore throat, mouth pain...symptoms of infection"--- CALL.

Oh, and we got a baby calf on Good Friday. He looks like Bambi, the way he frolicks around. I'd heard that the Disney cartoonists modeled Bambi's antics on newborn calves. But when he hunkers down, he's low and very, very, very still. Mama won't let us near him at all. (I think it's a him--we don't know yet.)

Till next time...
Thank you for everything.






1 Comments:

Blogger John Wagner said...

All I can say is, WOW. Can it get anymore hectic for you? I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip to Orlando. But by this time next year I trust you will be feeling super and can travel anywhere you want to go. Keep us posted on the latest developments. How are you doing emotionally? I am sure you are feeling a little overwhelmed! You are still in my prayers!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home