Tuesday, September 05, 2006

TJ

Our "baby" had her first baby last Monday, August 28th. He was a bit big and wasn't able to come into the world the usual way, so after 19 hours of trying, he came by Caesarean. TJ's daddy and Aunt M were in the room with "Mommy." M was taking pictures. What a big beautiful (yes, I'm using the word beautiful for a boy--get over it!) boy! He was 9 lbs., 3 oz., 21-1/2 inches long, and his footprints were bigger than the cards they put them on. Yes, TJ has huge feet! And he's so perfect.

His mother's hematocrit was at 18 last they checked. Even the doctor couldn't believe that she could walk into her office. They talk about blood transfusions, but are trying iron, first.

I hated to leave yesterday, but I had to get back for my PT appointments. Plus, it's kinda funny watching two anemic women trying to get stuff done. Luckily, there's another set of grandparents and aunts and uncles on the coast to help out.

Today is also the first day of school. Part of me wants to be there, and another part says, "What? Are you nuts?" So I try to make a dent into the backlog of household chores. This ain't no fun at all, folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Wagner said...

I have been away all week and just read the happy news. Congratulations to the entire family. I know you will enjoy that new little...er, BIG, beautiful boy!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home