Tuesday, June 27, 2006

HAYING WEATHER

We're having a heat wave! Fred calls it haying weather. ugh! Either way, I melt in it. Now I'm even adding radiation to the mix. Methinks there's something wrong with this picture. However, so far, so good.

I saw one of the radiology doctors yesterday and asked, "When do I get the salve that everyone talks about?" (They forgot.) So now I have a tube of aloe vera gel that I can put on my "area" 3-4 times a day. I brought it home and put it on Fred's poor beet red farmer's arms. Seems Sunday he went out swathing without sunscreen on the arms. I had made him put it on his face, ears and neck, but didn't realize that he'd be out there showing off his arms. He had even called me to bring out a long sleeved shirt to him.

Yesterday was so hot that the air conditioning in the car couldn't even keep up after being parked in the sun for an hour. Then, as I was driving up Division, I looked for the temperature readings, and one of them actually showed 83 degrees! (That one needs to get fixed!) The next one showed 95 degrees. Of course my trusty thermometer outside my window showed 100!

Ah, but thank goodness it cools off at night! Open all the doors and windows. Turn on the fans to suck the cool air in and sleep in cool peace! By morning, though, you have to grab the blanket, shut all the windows and doors, close the blinds, and be ready for the next onslaught of HEAT! And me? I don't go out in it unless absolutely necessary. Heck, I even let the dog come inside yesterday--the poor thing found his spot on the linoleum next to an air conditioning vent, and just STAYED there. Even the cat didn't entice him to move.

I did do a little work on the rental yesterday, but had to leave there by 2:30 to get to my PT appointment and later the Radiologist's. Today, I'm just staying home getting some stuff done around here until my 4:30 appointment. On one side of the house it says 99.5, and on the other (still shaded) it says only 90. Think I'll go get the dog.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Wagner said...

Wow, that sounds more like Texas weather rather than Washington state weather. I think we were actually a little cooler than that yesterday.

Sounds like you are still doing pretty well. Glad you are able to stay active.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret, thanks for sharing all your experiences in this blog. It has been very enlightening and interesting. I hope and pray that the radiation treatments are successful but not so unpleasant for you. Thanks, also, for telling us all about your connections to Father Paczek. By the way, was he singing in English?

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home